Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Today's Walk

Last year, on July 2nd, Chuck, Molly and I took, what turned out to be our last walk together. We walked a section of the Wadhams to Avoca trail that includes a trestle bridge.

I decided that every year on July 3rd I'm going to take that same walk.

Molly and I went out fairly early this morning. We didn't want to be walking when it was too warm. Molly surprised me by walking out onto the bridge. She is usually quite leary of wooden surfaces. I could tell she wasn't comfortable though. But she doesn't let me get too far from her and since I walked out onto the bridge, she did too.

This is the breathtaking view from each side of the bridge. It's Mill Creek.


Walking along the trail, I saw wild raspberries and these lilies.

Just as we got back to the Jeep, it started to rain. Heaven was weeping for me, or maybe I should say, with me.



7 comments:

domestic goddess said...

thinking of you leslie, stunning views on your walk!

Tristan said...

You're right. I can't believe it's been a year. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Hugs! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Beautiful pictures and so proud of Molly.

Anonymous said...

Leslie...when I met you in Chicago last year I could not believe that you had just lost your husband...you were/are insanely stong and doing so well for what you have been through. You are in Josh and my prayers and as the anniversary passes I hope you scrapbook some of your fondest memories. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you Leslie. I'm sorry that I won't be seeing you this year to deliver one personally!

La- said...

Leslie- this made me tear up. What a beautiful tribute- to take that walk again- and how very difficult too. I am glad you did it and took pictures to share- I am praying for you- lots of hugs!!!

La-

Pauline - Mom of boys said...

What a hard, but enduring, necessary walk. I am glad Miss Molly was with you.

Love you!