Jeff and I drove down to IKEA in Canton and were just about there when another driver made a left turn and hit the Jeep.
To make things more interesting, the driver of the other car (a girl of about 16) took off running, yelling something about getting her mother. A few minutes later this older woman shows up and tries to convince the police, who had already arrived, that she was the one that had been driving the car. The passenger of the car (another girl of about 16) stayed with the car. We could hear the police telling her that it was not a good idea to lie about this.
Turns out they were living in a motel right there. The police went to the room but the girl was not there.
We are standing there, Jeff and I, with a car that is not drivable, 75 miles from home, being totally ignored by the police, whose numbers had grown considerably from the original one car to four. We were then told we didn't need to stay, a tow truck was called for the Jeep and we were told to where it was being taken. We were also told that the other driver was totally at fault and would also be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. And I have a feeling there was allot of other stuff coming down.
Jeff called Grandpa and I called Paul. Then Jeff and I walked over to IKEA to peruse the store while we were waiting for our ride home. We left it up to them to figure out how to rescue us.
Paul came and picked us up. He then took us to an Outback Steakhouse for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment