Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Mom!

I've been spending a ton more time with Mom than I had been because of her knee surgery. I been her transportation home from physical therapy (Dad drops her off on his way to work), as well as her companion when she was first home from the hospital and couldn't move around much at all.

Today we were talking, as we always do, and things came around to some of the things she had "taught" me. This is my favorite medical advice - "If an aspirin won't cure it, Neosporin will." Her safety lesson was - "If you see the lightning it won't kill you." Do you know how many nights I laid awake as a child through thunderstorms just to make sure I saw the lightning? And when it comes to complaining about pain, if you can answer yes to this question - "Did you take something for it?" - then you are allowed to complain all you want.

I love my Mom!

No comments: