Rain, rain, and more rain. That is what the weatherman predicted for us over the Mother's Day weekend. And we did get a bit of the wet stuff, but not enough to dampen the spirits of the 900 Dads and Lads who attended the 18th annual Dad & Lad camp at Silver Trails Scout Reservation in Jeddo, Michigan.
Personally, I was glad when Sunday's closing rolled around. This camp had become a PITA. Here I was supposed to be helping someone to chair it and it ended up with me doing all the work and her showing up at 3:30pm on Friday (just 90 minutes before the campers) wondering what was needed to be done.
I have been told that all my problems and issues with the camp were invisible to the participants, which is a good thing.
"The memory is better than the actual experience."
No comments:
Post a Comment