Thursday, March 30, 2006

I can't believe I experienced this

Yesterday I was to have two neurological tests done. They were scheduled to start at 4:15pm. We arrived at the office at 3:45. (Early as usual)

This had to be the most unprofessional medical office I have ever been in. And I have been in plenty. By 4:30 I knew:
  • one of the staff had to reschedule a court date to May because she couldn't afford to pay the fine until then.
  • paperwork belonging in a file probably got sent home with a patient
  • prescriptions had been sent home with one patient without their name on it.
  • someone had gone home and had forgotten to document an MRI report
  • the doctor was giving a deposition at 5pm
  • a new staff was moving in too much on the personal space of another
By 5pm I knew:
  • way more about the deposition than I wanted to know
  • that the new staff was logged into the computer and another staff couldn't get on to it
What I didn't know was that the tech who was to do my testing had called to say he was going to be late. I don't know when he called. I asked at 4:30 about the delay and was told I would be starting soon. When it got to be 5, Chuck told them he wanted to have the tests rescheduled.

The tech arrived at about that time. I now had the beginning of a migraine, due to both the stress of waiting and the fact I had not eaten since breakfast. The doctor (who is not involved with this mess, just happened to be there) got me something to take - I have no idea what it was.

And then I was made to feel like I was wrong in believing that we should be rescheduling these tests instead of doing them then. I decided to go ahead and go through with them after-all, but mainly because we were already there and trying to carve out another five hour block of time for them just didn't seem possible.

Turned out though, that only one of the two tests (AEP) could be done. I had too much wax in my ears for the ENG.

I will be mentioning all of this to my neurologist.

No comments: