I leave there. I decide to hop onto I-94 and head north to home. It is pouring quite heavily but there is very little traffic so I figure I have a good chance to be home in about 45 minutes. But that was not to be.
Two miles down the road everything is flooded. There is almost a foot of water in the left lane and about 2 inches in the right lane. I am in the center lane where there is about 6 inches. Traffic is stopped - parking lot stopped. We sat there for over an hour. Finally a cop taps on my window and motions me to back up, turn around and go the wrong way on the expressway. I-94 has been closed down due to flooding but I got on to it before it was closed (and after it flooded)
So now I finally get onto one of the surface streets leaving Detroit. I am 2 whole miles away from my doctor's office where I began my journey 1.5 hours before.
I did finally make it home. It took me three hours from start to finish.
Here are some photos from freep.com. Notice how dark it is, and it is just 7pm.


4 comments:
oh wow that is wicked. We had storms like that a few weeks ago sans the tornados
omg!!! thats alot of water!!!!!
WOW Leslie, that is a lot of water!!! Glad you made it back safe and sound!!
Wow! Glad you made it home safely.
Post a Comment