Molly and I spent Memorial Weekend camping at Silver Trails Scout Reservation. The weather was rainy each morning but the sun came out each afternoon.
This pretty young lady is the granddaughter of friends of mine. She loved taking Molly for walks.
Molly thought it was great to be able to jump into the creek for a bit of a swim. She didn't stay in too long 'cause it was cold.
Saturday night found Molly sound asleep rather early.
Sunday morning found her out and about chasing a bunny. Molly hasn't run like this in a long time.
Later she and I went on a trail called a Switchback. It is called that because it goes up or down a hill back and forth. Here she turned around to make sure I was still following her.
Sunday afternoon our young friend threw tennis balls for Molly to bring back to her. They had lots of fun doing that until they were both tired out.
It was a last minute decision I made to go out to the camp to spend the weekend. I wasn't sure I could do it - if the memories would be too intense there. But I found a sort of peace there, as Molly and I walked the trails.
2 comments:
leslie- I am glad you decided to go to the camp.. not only does it sound like you had a nice time... the peace you found is such a good thing... HUGS!
La-
The peace was needed. I am glad you did this weekend with Miss Molly.
Post a Comment