Ok, so I get this phone call at 4:45 from my "partner in crime" - the other Training Chairman for the Boy Scout council and she says that she just got a call from the guy that is supposed to do the Cub Leader training meeting tonight saying he is not going to be there. It starts at 7pm.
The only reason she got the call is because she is the Council Store manager and happened to answer the phone when he called.
He told her he was gonna put a sign up on the door to let everyone know it was cancelled. Well, Cyndi and I have been promoting this meeting at all the Basic training sessions we have been doing for the past month and there is no way we want it to be cancelled.
So we go into high gear and pull together a decent night's program of stuff (good thing I never empty my car) The topper was when we got there and learned that the head trainer did not call his staff and she arrived fully prepared (hurray for that). But she was a bit upset to think about what she would have done if Cyndi and I hadn't been there.
No comments:
Post a Comment