I've been taking Celexa for the past five years to control my migraines. And it works too. But my recent change to Medicare caused me a bit of a problem because they won't pay for the dosage that my doctor has prescribed. Well, that isn't quite right, they will pay for the dosage, but not the dosing schedule. They want me to take one 30 mg pill in the evening instead of spreading out three 10 mg pills throughout the day. My neurologist is appealing this, but in the meantime I am left with just the amount of pills Medicare will pay for.
So I am weaning myself off. And feeling the effects of doing that. Here is the list of possible symptoms.
Celexa Withdrawal symptoms: Anxiety, Dizziness, Fatigue, Headache, Insomnia, Tremors, Visual hallucinations, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Restlessness, Blurred vision, Muscle and joint pain, Jolting electric "zaps”, Tingling sensations, Fever, Abdominal discomfort, Flu symptoms and general malaise, Anorexia, agitation, Vertigo, Gait disturbances, Sweating, Irritability, Aggression, Sleep disturbance and insomnia, Nightmares, Vivid dreams, Confusion, Memory and concentration difficulties, Chills and hot flashes, Crying spells, Suicidal thoughts, Lethargy, Weakness, and Myalgia.
I've highlighted the ones I'm experiencing. Of course, many of them are part of my MS but they have become more pronounced over the past few days.
I don't think I will go back on it, even if my neuro wins the appeal.
7 comments:
OMG girl... can't have you feeling all of those things - I prescribe spending time with friends (of the human and furry kind) and maybe a spot of scrapping and eating.
Hope you get your little body sorted out soon Leslie. xx
Hugs Leslie, that sounds really rough.
Oh Man.. no fun at all huh chicky? Hope you get to feeling right as rain soon!
La-
Sorry you are feeling yucky Leslie!
I hope once you wean yourself off you will feel better!
(((HUGS)))
Oh my goodness, do they tell you all that BEFORE you start taking them ? WOWZA, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.:(
OMG! Hugs, Leslie hope you feel better.
hugs girl!!!
Post a Comment