Wednesday, July 26, 2006

CHA

Chuck wanted me to go to the CHA in Chicago. He was pushing for me to do it, even after he got sick. I had told Stayce I couldn't leave him alone at home.

Stayce wrote me a few days after his funeral and said she still had my spot if I still wanted it. And I so needed a weekend away. My boys (and even my parents) were supportive of me going. Jeff even drove me over and picked me up.

I've always said that memories are better than the actual experience - so I figure my memories of this weekend are going to be WOW! The gals I met from MC (and their fellas) were the sweetest. Their guys took extra care of me (Thanks Stayce, Nicole and Amy for sharing your husbands with me).

The CHA show was great, but just the fun of being in Chicago was even better. We traveled the EL downtown, walked for what seemed like miles, all the way to Navy Pier, saw fireworks, had a great meal with loud jazz music. We even watched a show with acrobats and jugglers.

It was fun to just be goofy :) And it was hard to say good bye. In fact, I'm sure we all said "see you later!"

No comments: