Friday, April 21, 2006

Waiting

I'm sitting here, waiting for Chuck to call, to let me know he is finished with the United Way report he is working on and is ready to up to Sanilac county. I'm not a patient waiter today, probably because I've been staying inside at Mom and Dad's all week and I'm really looking forward to getting out into the countryside.

Yesterday Becky spent the day with Mom and me. We played Junior Trivial Pursuit, which she won, because most of the questions are geared to her age group and not mine. But I did teach her one piece of Michigan trivia - What lake is known as Gitche Gumee? (Lake Superior).

She has her first soccer game for this season tomorrow. If I can drag myself out of bed early enough - it is an hour drive and the game starts at nine - and the weather cooperates, I will probably go watch her play. I have to maintain that Favorite Aunt status It also makes for some great photo opportunities!

I got this cute photo of Clawde when I arrived at Mom and Dad's yesterday. I would like to think he was watching and waiting for me to arrive, but I really think he was checking out the birds and the squirrels at the feeders.

No comments: